top of page


Do I need a doctors referral for Physical Therapy?

No. In the State of Montana, you do not need a referral from a doctor to go to physical therapy. However, sometimes it it required for your insurance company. It is best to call your insurance company to find out.

What is Board Certification?

Board certification formally recognizes physical therapists who have demonstrated advanced clinical knowledge and skills in a specific area of physical therapist practice. To obtain board certification, candidates must submit evidence of required clinical practice in one of nine specialty areas: Cardiovascular and Pulmonary, Clinical Electrophysiology, Geriatrics, Neurology, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Pediatrics, Sports, and Women’s Health Physical Therapy.

In addition, candidates must successfully complete a rigorous examination, demonstrating specialized knowledge and advanced clinical proficiency in a specialty area of physical therapist practice.

Shannon is the only Board Certified Women's Health Physical Therapist in Montana and is only one of 381 Nationwide.

Are you a traditional large gym-based physical therapy clinic?

No. I have a small intimate office. This allows for privacy and for a healing space. I have space available in the room to perform exercises with home based equipment (therabands, weights, physioballs, etc..). My goal is for you to be able to perform all of your exercises at home with limited resources. While I am very open to you going to a gym, I want your exercises to be as as accessible to you as possible (i.e. you can do them most anywhere, at any time). Most of us are very busy people and the more accessible the exercises are, the more likely you are to perform them. If you are looking for a larger gym based clinic, I am happy to refer you to some other amazing physical therapists in the area.

bottom of page